Association for Communal Harmony in Asia (ACHA)
www.asiapeace.org & www.indiapakistanpeace.org
Link to Asia Peace (ACHA) Site
ACHA Peace & Harmony Story Collection
TWO PATRIOTIC SONGS:
*AZAD KI DUA' - Shahvaar Ali Khan (Singer/Composer), (Poet)
Written by a Hindu poet Jagan Nath Azad on August 11, 1947 at the behest of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, and for this video, which was directed by Saad Hassan Khan & Beenish Mir, it was sung and composed by Shahvaar Ali Khan on August 7, 2012.
*SARE JAHAN SE ACHA HINDUSTAN HAMARA
It was penned before the 1947 Partition by Sir Muhammad Iqbal, a well-known Muslim philosopher, poet and politician in British India. This video is a Harp production with vocals by Smriti Caprihan & Mukund, and is directed by Anhad Kashyap & Achint Setia.
India-Pakistan Peace Day 2012
August 14 – September 21, 2012
Association for Communal Harmony in Asia (ACHA) is launching its 9th annual India-Pakistan Peace Day campaign for 2011. See below details about A. Theme, B. Projects, and C. Announcements & Reports
A. Theme: Peace Within India & Pakistan for Peace Between Them
“Peace Within India & Pakistan for Peace Between Them” will be the theme for this year.
In the last few months, some conciliatory efforts have been initiated by the governments of India and Pakistan, which is well and good. But on the path of peace, we are still far away from the point of no return.
The situation is not likely to change significantly until and unless both governments conclude a peace and friendship treaty, featuring renunciation of war, overt and covert aggression, and first use of nuclear weapons against each other. The treaty must provide for settlement of all current as well as future disagreements through jointly approved/administered mechanisms.
Any peace between India and Pakistan would be incomplete, if it did not allow for free flow of goods, people, and ideas across their common border.
And any peace between the two nations will remain hollow until and unless there is peace and harmony also in all neighborhoods, villages, towns, and cities within their borders, and all citizens are able to live, work, vote, practice their beliefs, and express their views freely, without infringing on the rights of others to do the same.
Therefore, our campaign this year seeks to build popular support and encourage civil society leadership for promotion of peace WITHIN India and Pakistan in order to prepare the path toward peace BETWEEN them.
In this regard we are launching a petition and a pledge of peace & harmony, detailed below.
We urge peace and harmony activists and supporters to organize India-Pakistan Peace Day 2012 everywhere and to celebrate it with activities suitable to this year’s theme.
India-Pakistan Peace Day 2011 can be organized, any day between Pakistan’s Independence Day on August 14, 2012 and International Day of Peace on September 2, 2012.
B. Associated Projects
1. Petition to ensure durable peace between India-Pakistan
We are launching a “Petition to ensure durable peace between India-Pakistan.” It calls upon the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan to
- Conclude a treaty of peace and friendship between the two nations, featuring renunciation of war, overt and covert aggression, and first use of nuclear weapons against each other;
- Undertake to resolve all disagreements between the two nations through dialog and other jointly approved/administered mechanisms;
- Allow free flow of goods, people, and ideas across your common borders; and
- Ensure the welfare of all their citizens especially children, women, and religious, ethnic, and sectarian minorities, so that everyone can live, work, vote, practice their beliefs and express their views, without infringing on the rights of others to do the same.
We plan to deliver the petition to the two prime ministers personally, sometime in February-March 2013.
Please sign the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/india-pakistan-peace/
2. Pledge of Peace & Harmony
Also we request you to sign the following Pledge of Peace & Harmony
- I will not intentionally use my hands or my words to harm anyone;
- I will treat my sisters and daughters with at least as much love and respect as I treat my brothers and sons;
- I will treat all my neighbours as deserving of my respect, regardless of their class, caste, sect or religion; and
- I will practice environment-friendly practices in my daily life.
Please sign the Pledge at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/acha-members-pledge/
- Youth Camps to promote communal harmony and national integration
In February-March 2013, in cooperation with our local partner organizations, we plan to conduct two-day camps, at three to four places each, in India and Pakistan, to promote communal harmony and national integration. Each camp will consist of 20 to 30 youth, drawn from each city’s various religious, sectarian, ethnic, regional, and caste communities.
C. Announcements & Reports
Please do not forget to email us at email@example.com announcements of your events. We will help you publicize them, and post them in the Announcements section of this website.
Also, upon their completion, please email us brief reports of your events, along with a couple of digital photographs. We will post them in the Reports section of this website.